Creating Successful Projects with Compliance
Reaching the goal is not the only thing that matters. The journey is just as important.
How important are rules and norms for your project work?
Companies are subject to legal requirements, with failure to comply often resulting in penalties and a damaged company reputation. There is a lot to consider when it comes to EU guidelines, internal company guidelines and practices, international agreements, ISO and ANSI norms . Compliance is regarded either as a burdensome obligation or as a means of optimizing business processes and creating benefits for the company.
Answering the following questions helps to ensure compliance in your company:
- What are the goals of your organization and what is its relationship to the rules and regulations it must adhere to?
- What happens in case of non-compliant behaviour?
- How are rules or changes thereof communicated within your organization?
- Do compliance related measures have an effect on your corporate culture?
- How do you monitor compliance measures and what can and do you do to improve compliance?