Because structure helps with complexity
objectiF RPM offers the possibility of structuring your wide-ranging digitalization programs into several initiatives, or subprojects. Such a structure helps you master the management complexity entailed by a program with several teams and a large functional scope.
Because change requires agility
Digialization programs are confronted with continuous technological development. Today, agility is the way to deal with changes quickly and constructively. That’s why the template supports both classical planning and agile planning with initiatives.
Because time is a precious resource
Executing and scaling a change project require almost no effort with objectiF RPM. Easy-to-use planning patterns let you set up projects, create initiatives, plan releases and sprints, and add new teams when you need to. In each case, the project plan is updated automatically. The template contains backlogs, planning views, dashboards and management reports as well as all the tools you need for risk management.
Because digital transformation calls for strategy
Digitalization programs with objectiF RPM begin with strategic analysis – and a lot earlier than in “classic” projects. objectiF RPM offers features for problem analysis, determining the need for innovation, defining the value to be created, developing solution options and analyzing effects on future business processes.
Because quality shouldn’t be left to chance
Digitalization programs with objectiF RPM span strategic analysis, requirements engineering, solution design, implementation, and evaluation of the solution in its operational environment.
Working with objectiF RPM ensures uniform results, standardized processes, and high process quality. Features for reviews and test management help ensure high product quality.
Because innovation needs precise requirements
Recognized need for innovation must be described in detail through concrete requirements at the strategic level up
to the level of user stories. Stakeholder goals and conflicts must be clarified, the scope of the solution delimited, and possible solutions developed. These are all phases of requirements engineering, for which objectiF RPM offers comprehensive features and support.
Because version control and traceability are indispensable
In objectiF RPM all results generated in the course of development are subject to version control. Various states of development can be recorded by drawing baselines. The automated history allows for version comparison and, when necessary, it is possible to revert to earlier states. Recording the relationships between results ensures traceability across the entire development process – from the need for innovation down to the code.
Because your situation is unique!
objectiF RPM sets itself apart from other, comparable solutions in one main point:
The high degree of flexibility and customization, allowing objectiF RPM to be adapted to technical infrastructure, organization culture, established methods and development techniques:
- Extend objectiF RPM with project-specific functions and interfaces
- Define project-specific result types with custome user interfaces
- Create individual state-based work flows
- Modify and adjust existing result types for specific projects
- Set up dashboards, analyses, views, templates, and patterns to streamline recurring tasks
What kind of new digital products or services does your organization want to create? How does the business model need to change? Answers to these questions are provided by strategic analysis, which is to be undertaken at the beginning of digitalization projects. The goal is to clarify the value chain need – solution – benefit, which is to be achieved through digitization.
objectiF RPM allows you to quickly and easily keep track of the following results from strategy analysis:
- Business Model Canvas
- stakeholders and their needs
- context and the contextual boundaries of the system
- the solution’s macroarchitecture
- the desired benefits or value to be created
- business entities
- business processes
- change strategy
- potential risks
objectiF RPM supports strategic analysis with:
- stakeholder, context and goal diagrams
- class, swimlane and use case diagrams
- preconfigured backlogs for prioritizing business requirements
- version control with a history of all results and relationships
- configurable real-time analyses and views
Requirements engineering is the next step after strategyicanalysis. Requirements for the solution are derived from business goals and business requirements. These are then further refined down to the level of implementable user stories. Since technological progress never stops, requirements in digitalization programs are often volatile. For that reason, it’s more important than ever to keep an overview of changes and dependencies. That means professional requirements management is a must for any digitalization program.
objectiF RPM offers the following support for requirement analyses and requirement management:
- Requirement diagrams for refining requirements and clarifying dependencies
- Preconfigured forms for creating standardized descriptions of requirements (business requirements, epics, feature requirements, user stories)
- Design and utilize custom, user-defined forms for requirements
- Product backlog for prioritizing epics, feature requirements and user stories
- Backlogs and workflows for planning initiatives, as well as for team and sprint planning
- Document templates for generating requirement documents in MS Word and PDF formats
- Automated version history of all results and their relationships, including version comparisons
- Traceability all the way from business requirements to the solution
- Patterns for automatically dealing with recurring processes and tasks and creating artifacts and results
- Configurable real-time analyses of the results of requirement analysis
Having a hard time refining requirements? Requirements diagrams such as this provide clarity
Planning requirements with drag & drop: part of a workflow for agile initiative planning
In digitalization programs solution architecture and its implementation frequently consist of numerous results with complex dependencies. This makes it challenging to ensure the speed and traceability of development. objectiF RPM can help you with:
- Use case, package, swimlane, class and block diagrams following UML/SysML for the development and description of the functionality, structure and behavior of the solution
- Features for lightweight model-driven implementation of architecture (model-driven development or MDD)
- Preconfigured packages for managing the design and implementation results, tailored to modern service-oriented architectures
- Requirements traceability to the level of code
Development of the solution is significantly influenced by the technology stack. Using script-based extension functions it is possible to adapt the model-driven implementation for your specific technology stack.
Is the digital solution really creating the desired value when it is put into operation? This is the key question for evaluating the solution. Answering this question can lead to change requests. objectiF RPM has features for form-based recording, management and risk assessment of change requests. Accepted change requests can be further specified with requirements which then flow directly back into iterative planning of future sprints and maintenance activities.
Relate elements of the architecture to requirements: This is how the trace for requirements traceability is laid down to the code
High management complexity is characteristic of digitalization programs. objectiF RPM helps with a proven planning technique that takes a three-level approach:
- At the highest level, strategy, decisions are made concerning what need for innovation is required, when it needs to be realized, and through which initiative or initiatives (subprojects) this will be accomplished.
- At the level of initiative planning, it is determined which features are to be developed in the context of which initiatives.
- At the lowest level, delivery, it is decided which team will deliver which parts of which solution and when.
The planning levels of a digitalization program in objectiF RPM. The levels are typically connected with feedback loops.
In order to structure digitalization programs into several agile, and when necessary, classic initiatives objectiF RPM offers easy-to-use planning patterns.
These patterns allow you to quickly and easily:
- Extend your plans with new initiatives, teams, sprints and work packages
- Create initial release, team, and sprint backlogs, and workflows for team and sprint planning as well as views for planning
- Set up real-time analyses, such as cumulative flow diagrams and dashboards, for controlling
Patterns simplify the scaling of a digitalization program. New teams can get started right away and you can find out at any time how things are going at a glance.
objectiF RPM comes with comprehensive, easy-to-use planning patterns for structuring your digitization programs. With these patterns
- your planning is easily expanded to include new initiatives, teams, sprints and work packages. Great help for scaling a program.
- backlogs, planning views, real-time reports (e.g. cumulative flow diagrams) and dashboards are created with only a few clicks. You know at a glance where your project stands
- the structure for your repository is already prepared
- development states can be recorded by drawing baselines.
A Gantt chart of the entire program, indispensable for digitalization projects
Need another team for an initiative? Easily scale digitalization programs in objectiF RPM using patterns
The risks involved in a digitalization program are various. They can be related to technology, costs, and resources among other things. For that reason, objectiF RPM comes with:
- A form for standardized recording and classification of risks as well as for describing mitigation strategies and measures
- A state-based workflow for risk management
- Real-time analyses of risk status
Quickly and concisely describing and classifying risks in a digitalization program
When new technological ground is to be broken with innovative digital products and services, companies often choose to begin with a Minimum Viable Product. But even with reduced functionality, quality must be assured from the beginning in order to win users. For that reason, objectiF RPM makes it possible to execute multi-person reviews of stakeholder goals, requirements, use cases, test cases, risks and documents independent of time and place. A web browser is all reviewers need to participate. The review process is based on a standardized workflow that can be customized to fit your needs.
objectiF RPM offers the following instruments for assessing whether the requirements for a particular solution have been met:
- Test cases that can be modelled in requirement diagrams, generated with commands, or derived with a single click for all requirements in a backlog
- Several ways to describe test steps for specifying test cases in detail
- Test set executions that group test cases for the execution and repetition of tests
- A pre-defined test workflow that can be adapted to your organization’s unique processes
- A function for deriving bugs when tests fail
In addition, objectiF RPM has an automated history that keeps track of the relationships between requirements, test cases and bugs.
Two elements of test management in objectiF RPM: list of test set executions with current states, and the form for recording test results
Disruptive technologies, new market actors and stakeholders, a change in management – the reasons for additional or changed requirements in the course of a digitalization project are many. In order to ensure you are able to keep track of changes and evaluate their consequences, all results, diagrams, files and documents in objectiF RPM are subject to version control. An automated history keeps track of both the current and previous states of requirements, test cases, components and their implementations. The relationships among artifacts and results are also versioned. This makes it possible not only to trace dependencies in the present, but also in the past.
Traceability is accomplished from stakeholder business goals all the way to the level of the code.
In order to keep track of the same state of development of different results, you can use drag & drop to create configurations which can then be used to draw baselines.
Version control in objectiF RPM gives you peace of mind.
Compare different versions of e.g. requirements and retrieve a detailed analysis of all the changes.
Documentation in objectiF RPM means reports and documents can be:
- generated using templates that include everything required, such as results, diagrams, real-time analyses and glossaries
- edited in teams
- reviewed asynchronously
- securely versioned
- updated with the click of a button
- published as MS Word and PDF files
In objectiF RPM you’ll find several document templates that can be customized to your corporate identity, amended or replaced with your own templates.
objectiF RPM ensures long-lasting success through:
- unified processes and thus higher reproducibility of your projects
- methodological and technical management for all projects members
- unified infrastructure for all projects, providing a good orientation for everyone
- increased quality of solutions and processes
- saving time at all levels – from project planning with templates, to document and code generation during development
- transparency, traceability and version control in your projects