Why Requirements Management?
Requirements management deals with the elicitation, structuring, evaluation, categorizing, documentation, controlling, tracing and implementation of requirements. It is of utmost importance in industry sectors such as automotive, engineering, medical engineering or construction. The aim of requirements management is the efficient and faultless development of software, products and other complex systems. A number of busines processes set a special focus on requirements management, e.g. V-Modell XT, CMMi and Spice, as well as norms such as ISO 26262 for automotive or IEC 62304 for medical engineering. If you are looking for a requirements management software with process compliance, the in-STEP BLUE is the right choice.
Which information do you need?
Requirements Management is essential for project success. The market offers a variety of tools for requirements elicitation, structuring and management. But if you are serious about making requirements the basis of your projects and products you need a software that combines requirements management and project management in one integrated solution.
Click here for a list of functions of requirements management with in-STEP BLUE
- Create, change, categorize and structure requirements easily and effectively.
- Import requirements including all properties from Excel, Word and ReqIF.
- Seamless integration of requirements into project planning.
- Instant access to all relevant information on requirements and changes.
- Requirements attributes accessible instantly, in one place, at any time.
- Trace your requirements, from definition to acceptance, consistently and completely.
- Compare requirements versions and retrace changes immediately.
- Simple and fast creation of documents such as requirements specifications.
- Define access and editing rights for staff members and clients.
- Improve communication about requirements in your projects and with your customers.
- Create powerful impact analyses for requirements visualization and navigation.
- Design procedures, actions, templates, authorizations and notifications individually.
- Create relationships between requirements, test cases or risks.
- Define attributes and customize input masks.
- Elicit requirements online via browser or client.
- Customize full-text searches for intuitive access to requirements.
- Send and receive notifications with confirmations and status info.
- Use role-based task assignment for flexible project operation.
- Monitor your requirements effectively through color indication.
- Gather requirements in forms including graphics.
- Generate individual evaluations and reports at the push of a button.
- Create guidelines and manuals for requirements management.
- Combine change management, project management, quality assurance and requirements management.
- Define key figures in your tool and use them for organization-wide reporting.
“in-STEP BLUE enables us to comply with ISO 26262 and Automotive SPICE, in particular with regard to traceability, from requirements to test cases to implementation. Its built-in configuration options combined with outstanding support made it possible for us to integrate our company-specific requirements for a project management software into in-STEP BLUE.”
Discover requirements management with in-STEP BLUE now
For your staff and organization, for processes and methods.