Preparation for the CPRE Advanced Level Exam
Practitioner und Specialist
Live Online Seminar (German only)
Goals of the IREB Certification as Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (AL)
And this is exactly where many projects fail. It is about getting the important things done in the right way. Both are equally important. The correct handling of requirements is the basis for the success or failure of projects.
In this three-day seminar
- you will learn about and apply advanced approaches for managing requirements in projects over the entire lifecycle.
- you will learn advanced methods for attributing, evaluating and prioritizing requirements. Get an introduction to suitable processes for comprehensive and sustainable management of requirements including metrics.
- you learn to consider suitable methods and techniques for the management of requirements changes and the traceability of requirements, as they are mandatory in certain domains – e.g. for safety-relevant systems – through standards.
- gain insight into suitable tools for systematic requirements management.
The seminar provides you with the knowledge and competencies for certification as a “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering” according to the training standard of the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) for Advanced Level Requirements Management.
Teaching of all contents of the IREB syllabus CPRE Advanced Level Requirements Management Version 2.0 from 01.07.2022.
- Broader view of requirements engineering compared to Foundation Level (definition, tasks, goals, benefits)
- Processes of requirements management
- Relevant norms/standards
- Requirements information models representation forms/levels
- Attribution and views of requirements (design, usage, optimizations)
- Management of changes
- Evaluation / prioritization of requirements
- Version and change management (configurations, baselines, branches)
- Management of variants/product lines
- Reporting and key figures
- Management of RE processes
- Requirements management in agile projects
- Tools and their use in requirements management
In this three-day seminar you will get to know and learn to apply the extended procedures for modeling (functional) requirements in projects.
- Introduction to the basics of requirements modeling
- Advanced methods for requirements modeling with graphical models.
- Different forms of context modeling – basics and data flow-oriented modeling
- Modeling of information structures – Modeling of classes, attributes and data types
- Modeling with dynamic views of requirements – Use case modeling, data and control flow-oriented modeling, state modeling
- Modeling of scenarios with sequence diagrams and communication diagrams.
The seminar provides the knowledge and competencies for the certification as “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering” according to the training standard of the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) for Advanced Level Modeling.
Teaching of all the contents of the IREB CPRE Advanced Level Modeling Version 3.0 from 01.07.2022.
- Broader view of requirements engineering compared to Foundation Level (definition, tasks, goals, benefits, fields of application, languages).
- Benefits of requirements modeling and quality criteria.
- Relevant norms / standards for graphical modeling – UML/SysML
- Requirements Information Models representation forms/layers/views/diagrams/scenarios
- Heuristics for requirements modeling.
- Testing of requirements models.
- Generation of documents from requirements models.
- Simulations of models (especially for business process requirements – BPMN).
- Requirements modeling in a team
- Tools and their use in requirements modeling. Advantages of suitable tools compared to modeling without specific tools.
In this three-day seminar, you will learn and apply the extended procedures for the elicitation and coordination (consolidation) of requirements with stakeholders in projects.
- Concepts for the structured planning of requirements elicitation
- Skills of the requirements engineer in the area of elicitation and consolidation (soft skills)
- Getting to know different sources of requirements and learning the right way to deal with different sources of requirements (DIN EN ISO 9241-210:2010)
- Different investigation techniques; questioning techniques, observation techniques, creativity techniques, other supporting techniques
- Consolidation techniques and especially techniques for analyzing and resolving conflicts related to requirements management.
The seminar provides the knowledge and competencies for certification as a “Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering” according to the training standard of the International Requirements Engineering Board (IREB) for Advanced Level Elicitation.
Teaching of all contents of the IREB CPRE Advanced Level Elicitation Version 3.0 from 01.07.2022.
- Broader view of requirements engineering compared to Foundation Level (soft skills required for requirements analysts).
- Communication models: Schulz von Thun, P. Watzlawick, F. Glasl and their application in requirements engineering when communicating with stakeholders.
- Dealing with different sources of requirements; classification of stakeholders, persona concept, ISO 9241-210 as a user-centered process model.
- Selecting and correctly using elicitation techniques. (Interview, questionnaire, observation, user stories etc.)
- Consolidation techniques to align requirements and identify and eliminate conflicts.
- Analytical consolidation techniques, utility analysis.
IREB CPRE Advanced Level Zertifizierung
CPRE Advanced Level Practitioner
The number of questions depends on the module:
CPRE AL Requirements Elicitation: approx. 45 questions
CPRE AL Requirements Management: approx. 45 questions
CPRE AL Requirements Modeling: approx. 20 questions
We offer this online exam together with Certible OG an. Alternatively, you can take this exam at another certification provider of your choice. For more information, please refer to the exam regulations of IREB.
For the certification by Certible OG you will receive a voucher from us. You can determine the examination date yourself. In order to be examined online, you have to agree that Certible takes your exam via webcam. You also need a stable broadband internet connection and Google Chrome or Firefox in a current version.
The examination fee is 280,- EUR plus VAT
After passing the exam you will receive your certificate from:
CPRE Advanced Level Specialist
The size of the written paper (11 pt font size, 2.5 cm margin, single line spacing, DIN A4) varies line spacing, DIN A4) varies according to the module:
Requirements Elicitation: min. 10 pages (recommended), max. 20 pages (obligatory)
Requirements Management: min. 10 pages (recommended), max. 20 pages (mandatory)
Requirements Modeling: min. 15 pages (recommended), max. 25 pages (mandatory)
We offer this online exam together with Certible OG. The paper will be assessed by an IREB accredited assessor within a maximum of six weeks. Alternatively, you can take this exam at another certification provider of your choice. Further information can be found in the exam regulation of the CPRE Advanced Level Specialist of IREB.
The examination fee is 450,- EUR plus VAT
Participation fee: 1.190,- EUR (plus VAT)