What is Multi-project Management?
Multi-project Management (also called Portfolio Management) is concerned with the selection, planning and monitoring of entire projects in companies and organizations. The goal of multi-project management is to secure investments through efficient application of personal, technical and financial resources as well as through the creation and utilization of synergies. Ideally, projects are evaluated and prioritized based on uniform and common criteria. Escalation levels may even include the abortion of a project. In medium-sized to large enterprises the multi-project management is managed centrally by the project management office in many cases. This way empirical values can be gathered efficiently and utilized for future selection, planning, controlling and monitoring measures. If you are looking for a multi-project management too, then in-STEP BLUE is the right choice.
What information do you need?
In many organizations multi project management is a part of daily business. But how can you know who needs specific information at specific times? How would you like to organize the various projects and coordinate the interplay between them? Multi-project management is more than resource management and allocation; it defines real-time access to information, to documents, to results, to key figures and to process models.
How does in-STEP BLUE support you?
in-STEP BLUE offers you a close cooperation between project management and multi-project management. You can plan appointments, resources, expenses and processes as well use best practices to complete projects. The data about individual projects, planned and current values are available in a cockpit in order to help you control your project portfolio and project management. You have constant access to the content, appointments and documents belonging to the individual projects. All in a single multi-project management software package.
Multi-project management in teams
With in-STEP BLUE you and your supervisors and colleagues work with common software, which has a comprehensive rights and roles concept as well as personal to-do lists. Due to this shared working environment without unecessary intersection points with other tools your project information is always available and up-to-date. You can define the information, responses and key figures you need for your multi-project management. This allows you to keep an overview of the progress in your projects and you can make effective decisions.
Click here for a list of functions of multi-project management with in-STEP BLUE
- Provide one consistent planning tool for your entire organization.
- Make cross-project use of work results and reuse them throughout your entire organization.
- Define date-related dependencies and receive notifications and alerts when you need them.
- Harmonize dates, resources and costs of your project portfolio and create synergies.
- Notify project members about upcoming tasks.
- Utilize comprehensive and instant data access.v
- Create project lists with key figures and manual feedback for reporting.
- Benefit from time recording for programs, projects, work packages, tickets etc.
- Create reports and individual analyses for controlling and reporting.
- Export all views at the click of a mouse to Microsoft Office, as XML, HTML or PDF.
- Use different business processes for different projects in one database.
- Enable effective communication through instant messages between users.
- Manage all members of your organization in one database (also via Active Directory Import).
- Map your organization structure and define roles and rights.
- Support each team member in their individual work for projects and the organization.
- Manage your project budget and compare planned and actual costs as well as planned and actual efforts.
“Especially for complex, long-term software development projects in-STEP BLUE helps to maintain an overview and prioritize and organize our tasks and processes. It is of utmost impotance to us that we can adjust the system to our requirements and approaches and that it supports different process models.”
Discover multi-project management with in-STEP BLUE now
For your staff and organization, for processes and methods.