The Objectives of Version Management
Version management is a system that aims at eliciting all modifications to files made during the course of a project. Version management allows for the management of all possible file types auch as documents (e.g. requirements specifications), requirements, change requests or code. Files and modifications to them are stored including information about the editor, the changes made to the file and the modification date. Different versions of a file can be compared to each other, and it is also possible to revert back to prior version of files. The main goals of version management are coordinated file access, archiving, logging of changes as well as retrieval of prior file versions.
All the information you need
If your organization is subject to compliance requirements, if meticulous documentation of activities and tasks is a must, if efficient communication with customers and integrated change management is assumed then in-STEP BLUE’s version management will become an essential part of your daily project operations. For organization-wide workflows and access to files, results and artefacts. Structured, revision-secure and simple.
Version management under control
in-STEP BLUE is the common working environment for you and your entire team. Access rights as well as editing rights can be easily customized and managed with in-STEP BLUE’s comprehensive roles and rights management features. By merging different aspects such as planning, execution, requirements elicitation and structuring, real collaboration is facilitated. With all relevant project data instantly accessible.
Click here for a list of the functions of version management in in-STEP BLUE
- All project results managed completely securely in a central library.
- File drag and drop for easy exchange between local storage and database.
- Version control guarantees easy check-in and check-out of files and frictionless teamwork.
- Retrace differences between revisions of files and elements at the click of a mouse
- Simple, powerful and individually configurable management of access and editing rights.
- Easy creation reproduction of baselines for efficient and up-to-date project evaluation.
- Create a common filing system for your projects.
- Define the structure and workflow for your version management.
- Create complex files collaboratively in your team.
- Store all project results securely in a central product library.
- Reference vital files in all projects.
- Use the integrated full-text search for instant access to files.
- Benefit from automatic name assignment and numbering/ticketing.
- Archive all your files, from technical documentation to emails.
- Define the default tools for specific file types.
- Support home office workers with web-based version management.
- Configure files paths for individual drives or team members.
- Work revision-secure across the entire organization.
- Access your project from the company network or from home office workstations.
- Typecast files and define workflows for them.
“The reasons we use in-STEP BLUE in almost all operating ranges, from applicant management to development projects with specific processes to quality assurance are its numerous possibilities. To me, in-STEP BLUE is the “mightyTOOL” for project management, configuration management and artefact regulation.”
Discover version management with in-STEP BLUE now
For your staff and organization, for processes and methods.