Tasks and Objectives in Project Management
Project Management as a discipline comprises various stages such as project preparation (including project definition and the identification of boundary conditions, e.g. goals, dates, budget and resources), project execution and project completion. The task of the project management is to plan and control projects in order to reach project goals in the alloted quality, time and with the available resources. The interplay of these three factors is often called the magic triangle. The ultimate goal of all project management efforts is to ensure project success while taking these factors into account. And in-STEP BLUE is the project management tool for it.
How do you plan your projects?
Project management has become a big competitive factor. That’s why it is even more important to plan your projects in a structured way and to coordinate and execute them well. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel, use standards and best practices with in-STEP BLUE.
Project management is more than just planning resources and setting appointments. A defined approach, an eye for important content and good support for all project participants all contribute to helping you improve your chances of success.
How does in-STEP BLUE support you?
With in-STEP BLUE you can plan appointments, resources, and expenses and you can compare capacities, capture times and control projects. Because all the participants work with the same program the project will be automatically progressed. You don’t need to update the project plan, it is always up to date. And this is just as simple for employees because they are always informed about new work packages, meaning you don’t need to search for new information at the same time. That way everyone can concentrate on their own tasks and can achieve better results.
Keeping your project management under control
Who is allowed to do what? Who has access to specific information? With in-STEP BLUE you can structure your project management according to your needs. It is your project management tool. With it you can tailor the software to your needs. It’s really simple and it simplifies your work. You can keep track of the project details, you can make informed decisions and keep your eye on the big picture.
Click here for a list of functions of project management with in-STEP BLUE
- Map your project organization and your project management.
- Utilize customizable product templates and begin in no time.
- Create projects based on defined processes and tasks from project requests.
- Structure your project through initial planning and effort estimation.
- Process templates for quick and easy creation of project plans.
- Customizable document templates, for hassle-free and easy project set-up.
- Task-oriented or product-oriented planning, easily customizable.
- Up-to-date information on activities and results, at any time.
- Define workflows for the clearance of documents and milestones.
- Evaluate project progress based on planned/actual values.
- Defined processes and standards for a common approach across your team.
- Management and controlling of dates, efforts, costs and resource allocation.
- Role-specific and task-oriented working environments for the entire team.
- Instant access to project information for reliable evaluation of planned and actual values.
- Key figures, analyses and reports for Word and Excel at the click of a mouse.
- Cross-project notifications for all staff members, for effective multi-project management.
- Quick, easy and customizable generation of project plans for Microsoft Project.
- Instant overviews through color indication.
- Synchronize your resources through Active Directory.
- Agile or waterfall – use your own methods and processes.
- Improve communication of project members with a common working environment.
- Create key figures and evaluations and export them to Word and Excel.
- Plan your projects top-down or bottom-up, depending on your requirements.
- Define work packages and work breakdown structures.
- Role-based personnel management for improved task assignment.
- Keep track of your costs and efforts, from kick-off to completion.
- Support Best Practices, guidelines and checklists in one single software.
- Record you goals in business cases and perform repeated revisions.
“After having successfully used objectiF as part of our software development projects in the past, we decided to manage our development projects with in-STEP a few years ago. We now have an even tighter grip on documentation as well as on date control and cost planning!”